Wii GAMES: SUMMER 2010 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS ONLINE PROMOTION (THE “PROMOTION”)
- Eligibility. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND HAVE NOT WON A PRIZE IN THE WII GAMES: SUMMER 2010 CONTEST. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC. (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated by Sponsor. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one entry per person.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM (all times Pacific Time) on July 16, 2010 and ends at 11:59 PM on August 1, 2010 (the “Deadline”). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. Six (6) prize winners will each receive the following trip package (the “Trip”):
- Winners will receive four (4) round-trip coach airfare tickets from a major U.S. commercial airport to Los Angeles, CA for the winner and three (3) guests (each, a “Travel Guest”); provided, however, that winners and Travel Guests who live within 100 miles of Los Angeles International Airport will receive ground transportation to Los Angeles, CA in lieu of airfare tickets.
- Four (4) nights’ lodging in a hotel (two standard rooms/double occupancy).
- One (1) entry to compete as a team with the winner’s Travel Guests in the Wii Games: Summer 2010 Championship Contest to be held from September 4, 2010 to September 5, 2010 in the Los Angeles, CA metropolitan area in one of the following team categories:
- Parent and Child. The Parent and Child Team consists of two (2) team members, one of whom must be a child aged 6-12 and the other of whom must be either (a) the actual parent or legal guardian of the child or (b) 25 years of age or older.
- Parent and Teen. The Parent and Teen Team consists of two (2) team members, one of whom must be a teenager aged 13-17 and the other of whom must be either (a) the actual parent or legal guardian of the child or (b) 30 years of age or older.
- Teen. The Teen Team consists of two (2) team members, both of whom must be teenagers aged 13-17.
- Adult. The Adult Team consists of two (2) team members, both of whom must be 18 years of age or older; provided, however, that a teenager aged 13-17 may compete in an Adult Team so long the other team member is 18 years of age or older.
- Super Adult. The Super Adult team consists of two (2) team members, both of whom must be 55 years or older.
- Family. The Family Team consists of four (4) team members, two (2) of whom must be children aged 6-17 and at least one of whom must be either (a) the actual parent or legal guardian of at least one (1) of the children or (b) 35 years of age or older. Participation of family members is highly encouraged; however, members of the Family Team are not required to be related to participate.
- Ground transportation to and from hotel to the Wii Games: Summer 2010 Championship Contest and other related events.
- $800 for meals and entertainment expenses.
Approximate retail value of the Trip package: $6,400
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within three (3) business days after delivery of notification may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Prizes won by a Minor will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian on the Minor’s behalf. Limit one prize per household or address. Entrants who are selected to win a prize in both this Promotion and the Wii Games: Summer 2010 Contest may win only one of the two prizes. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. To enter, visit www.wiigames2010.com and complete and submit the online entry form by the Deadline. All requested contact information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries will not be returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Sponsor and the entrant disqualified.
- Promotion Rules. Six (6) prize winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at 1040 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10018 on August 2, 2010. Potential winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail by August 3, 2010. To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification. The winner and winner’s Travel Guests must execute and return the Winner Documentation (defined below) within three (3) business days of receiving such Winner Documentation.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you (and, if you are under 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence (a “Minor”), your parents or legal guardians) release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
- Conditions of Trip. The Trip, dates and times of travel, and accommodations are subject to availability, and travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. If winner or any of winner’s Travel Guests is a Minor, he or she must be accompanied by his or her parent/legal guardian and such person must pay his or her own expenses unless he or she is a Travel Guest, or unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the Minor Travel Guest. Each winner is responsible for all expenses, incidental travel costs, and all other costs not expressly provided in the Trip package described above, including, but not limited to, travel, meals, incidentals, and other expenses. The airline, airport, hotel, and ground transportation will be chosen by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not be responsible if any of the winners or the winners’ Travel Guests miss the Trip for any reason.
- Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winners’ name, likeness, biographical data and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners and winners’ Travel Guests may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, likeness, biographical data and/or prize information, without limitation, for advertising or promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners and winners’ Travel Guests (and if winner or winner’s Travel Guests are Minors, winner’s and winner’s Travel Guests’ parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Winner Documentation”).
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after September 6, 2010 and before September 6, 2011 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Wii Games: Summer 2010 Sweepstakes Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Wii Games: Summer 2010 Sweepstakes Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Copyright Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2010 by Nintendo of America Inc. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Wii Games: Summer 2010 Sweepstakes Questions.
- Promotion Sponsor: The sponsor of the Promotion is Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 – 150th Avenue NE, Redmond, Washington 98052.